Today and every day, we honor our active and veteran military members with honor and gratitude, and we want to take this opportunity and wish you and your loved ones a Happy Memorial Day!
As the nation begins the return to normalcy, and people re-emerge from their homes back into society, everyone is eager to find the workout to lose the “Pandemic 15” in preparation for summer. True to form, a new workout craze is sweeping the nation, harnessing international attention and praise; the 75 Hard Challenge. Coined by entrepreneur and speaker Andy Frisella, the 75 Hard Challenge is not merely a fitness program, but a mental toughness challenge to lose weight and become one’s best self.
The program is as follows:
- Follow a diet - no cheat meals, no alcohol
- Workout twice a day for 45 minutes each, one of which must be outdoors (can be a simple walk)
- Drink a gallon of water each day
- Take a 5-minute cold shower every day
- Take progress pictures every day
- Read 10 pages in a self-improvement book each day
For 75 days straight, those who accept the challenge must follow the rules to a T, skipping just one of these steps will start the challenge all over again. This challenge emphasizes discipline and self-control on a level that the average person does not naturally possess to elevate the body and mind to unprecedented levels.
While the 75 Hard workout challenge is not for everyone, and everyone should consult a healthcare professional before beginning any new fitness program, 5 key products can help you thrive in the next 75 days:
1. Competition Steel Color Coded Kettlebells - https://www.barbellflex.com/collections/kettlebells/products/competition-steel-color-coded-steel-kettlebells
The kettlebell is one of the most versatile pieces of fitness equipment that one can own. Perfect for HIIT training, weight training, and cardio, the kettlebell allows users to target various areas of the body all at once for a well-rounded workout. Participants of the 75 hard challenge can effortlessly switch their weight training workout from indoor to outdoor with these competition-grade kettlebells.
2. Marrs-Bar Squat Smart Bar - https://www.barbellflex.com/collections/barbells-weight-bars/products/marrs-bar-squat-smart-bar
Squats have reigned as the supreme exercise for fat loss and muscle gain for decades. Perfect for both indoor and outdoor routines (assuming the setup permits), the Marrs-Bar Squat Smart Bar takes the average squat to another level to yield maximum results. The 75 Hard challenge is physically taxing, but the Smart Bar’s patented shoulder harness greatly reduces the risk of wrist, elbow, shoulder, and neck injuries.
3. Ab Coaster PS500 Abs Core Machine - https://www.barbellflex.com/collections/core-machines/products/abcoaster-ps500-ab-core-machine
Everyone wants chiseled abs for summer, right? The Ab Coaster PS500 Abs Core Machine gets the heart rate pumping and abs burning, targeting all areas of the abdominals from the bottom up to blast the stubborn belly fat. Add a few minutes to finish each of your workouts for the best results.
4. Spinning Spinner P3 SPIN Exercise Bike - https://www.barbellflex.com/collections/exercise-bikes/products/spinner-p3-spin-exercise-bike
Spin has become a movement in the fitness industry over the past few years due to its gentle, low-impact nature, and the rise of trendy spin classes such as soul cycle. Spin enables riders to perform intense cardio without the aches and pains of running or lifting. The Spinning Spinner P3 SPIN Exercise Bike provides the ideal setup for any home gym and comes with the Spinning Connect Armband Heart Rate Monitor to implement accurate heart rate monitoring throughout any workout.
5. Elina Pilates Wood Reformer with Tower - https://www.barbellflex.com/collections/pilates-equipment/products/elina-pilates-wood-reformer-with-tower
Last but certainly not least, the Elina Pilates Wood Reformer with Tower. Truly an investment worthwhile, the Elina Pilates Reformer is a Barbell Flex bestseller amongst all demographics. Pilates is renowned for fine-tuning those stubborn areas to tighten and tone without heavy lifting. This comprehensive reformer comes with all of the bells and whistles to ensure that your indoor workout is everything you desire and more. In no time at all, users feel tighter, toned, and even taller as inches begin to fall off and posture improves.
Whether you’re participating in the 75 Hard challenge, or simply curious about what it entails, everyone needs reliable equipment that gets the job done. From high-impact to low-impact, indoor or outdoor, the Barbell Flex Team is there by your side for support every step of the way.